Google
 

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Limping Puppy ( Jojo ) Rehomed!



Khairul and I went to the vet this morning to get Jojo out and I already decided to bring him to SPCA but was still not very sure, you know as the shelter is not a no-kill shelter. That's why I kept on delaying and keep him at the vet. But eventually we have to get him out sooner or later. So today, after several sleepless nights and deep thinking, I made up my mind to bring Jojo to SPCA instead of releasing him back on the street where we first found him. Honestly, the street is not safe for him anyway and the chances he might get injured and caught by local council also very high. On the other hand, even though the shelter is not a no-kill shelter but at least he will have a place to stay and hopefully get adopted. Believe me, this was a very hard decision.

But you know what, all of this has over! Finally! Jojo finally got a NEW HOME!! This happened very fast actually. It's like this, while we were there, I was kind of delaying the time, I looked at Jojo and was thinking, he really needs a bath before going to the shelter, so I bath him and after that brought him down from top floor to outside the vet for potty. On my way out, I met a friend, Miss Leong, and she was asking me about Jojo. I told her the whole story and would have to bring Jojo to shelter and if anyone ever been to animal shelters before, you will know that not every dog or cat will survive there or find a good home. She was saddened by the story and like telling me not to bring Jojo to the shelter. She told me to wait and she went back inside the vet and came out with a couple of good Samaritans. They are Lim and Siew Choo. After explaining to the husband and wife about Jojo, they decided to give Jojo a home! Isn't that wonderful!

I drove Jojo in my car with Khairul, Miss Leong followed us from behind and off we went to Jojo's new home! The place is definitely a paradise for Jojo, big compound and 3 other pedigree dogs as new friends. Good thing about Lim and Siew Choo is that they do not cage or confine dogs in small crates! The dogs are free to run anywhere in the house! Both husband and wife also has been helping homeless dogs throughout their lives :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great video and happy ending. Keep up the good work Thomas. She said she saw you on youtube? Was that correct what I heard?

IF SO, you are getting popular and your making a change in your country. Very slowly but you are helping all animals in that country. Its better then no one helping at all.

Marie-Bo said...

Great news! It's really warming to see such a happy ending!
You have such a big heart!

Anonymous said...

Thomas, You are doing such wonderful things! It's amazing how JoJo found a new home so quickly because of YOU! You are a wonderful man and the animals in this world are lucky to have you!
Joanie

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,

Nope, not on youtube. It is but a mere coincidence that we got to know Jojo and now he's with us.
We hope he will be happy with his 3 brothers (Winter, Jack-Jack and Forest)!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!! I love stories like this!! :)

Anonymous said...

To Thomas and Lim and Siew Choo, YOU ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE!! Thank you SO much for giving Jojo a second chance at life. I believe in Karma and you will be rewarded twenty times over for your deeds. The love of this dog, I'm sure is reward in itself. What else can I say other than thank you (I'm sure Jojo would say it if he could!).

A Life Connected