Google
 

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Design On T-Shirt



My friend, Sam, recently bought a DTG inkjet printer that can print high resolution full color design on T-shirt. By the way, DTG stands for Direct To Garment. I have made some design last week for my Zazzle account and thought might as well give it a try on Sam's DTG printer. The kitty in my design was my previous rescued, unfortunately he did not make it and died after 2 days due to serious flu infection. He was about few months old at that time. My design is pretty simple, just a bit retouching on the photo mostly the background and add some text in it, that's all, pretty simple and straight forward which you can do it easily using any photo retouching software such as Adobe Photoshop. Sam has 3 dogs and all of them are pedigree. They are Pin Pin ( Golden Retriever ), Pi Pi ( Poodle ) and the last one is Pau Pau ( Beagle ). Pin Pin is pregnant and we will bring her to my vet probably tomorrow for scanning.

The DTG inkjet printer is awesome but it is very expensive ! The colors on the shirt are just so stunning and vivid. Unfortunately I am not sure how long will it last on shirt. The better quality of the shirt the longer the graphic and colors will stay on. I have washed my shirt ( folded inside out ) 3 times now with washing machine and they still look good to me. I will try to wash it until 10 or 20 times and will compare it to the first print out so we can really judge the difference!

If you would like to know more about DTG inkjet printers please visit DTG Digital.

3 comments:

Phil Grimsey said...

Its a good idea to print the picture on a t shirt where many people will see but what a sad photo it was. Poor baby kitten. However, it is a good picture for the purpose you are using the t shirt for - we hope that it will help get your message to many people.

Ngo Thye Aun said...

@ phil

yeah, i wear it just to send out my message to the public that all animals need love and not just pedigree.

Anonymous said...

hey there, how do i contact your friend, Sam...I wanna get a t-shirt printed too using dtg.

by the way, I'm Adam from Singapore.

my e-mail add is o-boogah@gmail.com

do forward his contact to my e-mail. thanks.

A Life Connected