Google
 

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Gurney Chanting ( Harinam )

My wife and I, together with some friends were joining the Hare Krishna Movement chanting along Gurney Drive, Penang last Saturday. I never seen or been to any chanting event before and this really got my attention to know more about why and what is chanting all about. I couldn't tell you more except the event is called Harinam ( Harenam ). The two disciples are from England, I am not sure if they are called disciples or maharaj to be exact. Please forgive my terms if I am wrong as I do not know a lot about Hare Krishna Consciousness Movement. But if you would love to know more about Hare Krishna Movement please visit Krishna dot com. They have plenty of information regarding Hare Krishna Consciousness Movement. Video above were shot by Bee Bee (my wife). Longer version of chanting video from my camera will be uploaded soon :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Wish I were there to share it with you!

Phil Grimsey said...

Glad you had a good time!

Ngo Thye Aun said...

yes it is quite interesting to be part of the chanting. Unfortunately just 2 of them, it would be more fun if there are 20 of them with more drum and instrument! :)

A Life Connected