Google
 

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Injured Limping Doggie Finally Got Home.


Lucky ( injured limping dog) finally got home today after spending so many weeks at the vet. He was very excited to see Chong Kooi. Unfortunately we might have to wait a while until he manage to walk normally again. The vet will take out the plate inside the hind leg end of this month. He told me that after taking out the plate, Lucky may feel more comfy and the joint hopefully will work better. He also said, due to severe damage on the injured leg, the muscles has contracted, so he need more time.

That's Chong Kooi and Lucky together in the photo on the right. After this, I will be seeing them in 3 weeks time. I told Chong Kooi not to let Lucky roaming outside and keep him within the compound. I will try to check on Lucky once a week to monitor his condition. Will visit the vet on this coming Monday to pay partially Lucky's medical fee.

10 comments:

Par said...

This is good news, I hope he will keep him safe this time!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Lucky is smiling!
Great job!
Joanie

Phil Grimsey said...

Wonderful!


Thankyou again Thomas for helping an unfortunate animal, and thankyou also to Chong Kooi for taking him on and keeping him. Hopefully, the limping doggie will make a good recovery given time, and he will be able to walk properly. :)

Unknown said...

Ngo please tell Chong Kooi there are people in South Africa that thinks he is a great man!

Did you see how happy Lucky was to see him?!

Phil Grimsey said...

Ilovepearly:

I dont think that Chong Kooi was responsible for the dog in the first place, more that he fed the animal after it appeared in his neighbourhood with the injury. Maybe Ngo can confirm for us?

Zhuria said...

Hello Ngo -

I've never posted here before, and I only found your blog and videos 4 days ago through a friend who shared a video of Alera.

I went back and read every one of your posts and watched every video from the beginning, and all I can say is that you are an amazing person, and I have so much respect for you and what you are doing. You are like an angel for these animals.

I am so happy to see Lucky find a home - I'm sure he'll be back on that leg in no time. He looks great.

I am unable to donate at the moment but I would like to in the future. I just wanted to make this post to tell you how awesome I think you are!

Sincerely,
~Samantha, from Canada

Ngo Thye Aun said...

@ nikki,

will do that!

@ phil and i Ilovepearly,

Chong Kooi is not the owner, he just being kind and he saw Lucky injured and couldn't got up while he has his morning walk around that area in that morning. He heard loud crying from Lucky and Lucky was hit by a car, lying there. He carried him in basket then and gave him a temporary home. But you have to understand, Chong Kooi is not the type of person who can tie up dogs. He believe they need to run about and freedom.

Ngo Thye Aun said...

@ Samantha,

I tried my best :)
I hope Chong Kooi will try his best to take care of Lucky. Will visit him from time to time to check them out and also bring some food for them if I have enough.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ngo,

I keep coming back to your blog these days because I am an animal lover myself. Seeing these abandoned animals makes me feel so sad - thankful that there are people like you who would go out of the way to help these helpless creatures.

Par said...

Oic, glad to learn that he's not the irresponsible person who left the dog there. =)

A Life Connected